Sunday, January 4, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Hope everyone had a safe and fun time ringing in the new year. Dad is still struggling with eating. Some days are better than others, but most days he's barely eating solid food at all, and is pretty much living off of liquid protein shakes or supplements, and even that is a struggle. It's a vicious circle. He's not hungry, he's too weak to even swallow, but he won't get stronger if he doesn't eat. I've read that more than 40% of cancer patients don't die from the cancer, they die from malnutrition, and that scares me so badly.

So, I'm calling all of you prayer warriors out there, we need to pray very specifically for Dad's appetite to increase, for the ability to swallow the food he puts in his mouth, and the strength to just eat at all.

Thanks everyone for the prayers, calls, cards, etc. Keep 'em coming. We appreciate it more than you know.

1 comment:

Peter said...

Sherrell, may God bless you with His powerful love!!! I pray that it be Gods Holy Spirit giving you the strength to go on with hope, perseverance and faith in our loving savior, Jesus Christ!!! I know you are going through a hard time and it hurts me to know that you are struggling with your health, but I pray that God helps you rise up from the illness that hurts you and that the Lord gives you His powerful healing touch!!! We know that He can do it, but we must have faith and wait on the Lord Christ! I pray that God helps you with your appetite and your ability to eat food, so that you can recover some of your strength back!!! I pray that God blesses you and Peggy in a very special way this year and especialy at this time of the year because in Puerto Rico we are remembering 2 years ago, when God sent you and the other missionary teams for the first time to Lares and helped us so much!!! Let me say to you, Sherrell and Peggy, you are not only my brothers in Christ, you are not just a friend either. You are so much more, you are like my family and a big part of me! I think of you every day and am constantly praying for you both!!! I wish the best for you and your family today and always!!! I love you guys very much and hope to see you soon!!! Please take care and may God bless you with joy, peace and love today and always!!! Love, Peter!